Friday, May 13, 2011

Fruity Oatmeal and Salad

Inside this bento we have oatmeal.  It takes a whole minute and a half to make.  You have to love the convenience.  For the bunny I just stuck a cookie cutter on top of the oatmeal and filled it with a thin layer of strawberry jam.  It adds for a little sweeter main dish.  In the pink box we have your normal salad and for some color I added dried clam.  Obviously dried clam isn't for everyone.  Feel free to put whatever you want on top of your salad.  Lastly, we have green pea onigiri.  For those of you who don't know what onigiri is, it's just rice formed in a shape of a triangle.  Nothing to it.

I was lucky to be able to make a bento today.  My host family offered to host two Korean exchange students for a couple of days and so I figured she wouldn't want to eat at home just because it's a hassle for her to make all that food, but she went out and had my host sister make lunch for everyone.  I definitely am thankful.  Whenever we go out for food it's always really greasy and then I get stared at because I'm the only one in the city with blonde hair.  It's usually not too fun of an experience for me.  D: 

Anyways, I'll be able to make bento again tomorrow because I'm going mountain climbing and we have to bring our lunch.  What sucks about it is that I have to leave at 6:45 am.  I'll probably have to get up at around 5:30 am.  I never get to sleep in anymore ;-;

No comments:

Post a Comment